Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guelph Multicultural Festival


My multicultural festival poster is clear and simple in that I used few colours and do not have a complicated design going on. The font may be a little hard to read at first but I believe that it gives the poster a "multicultural" look and is not too difficult to make out. Having such a warm red look to my poster I believe that it will draw peoples attention because people like bright recognizable colours and symbols, ie. Canadian flag. Having the flag on an angle over the red and white gradient makes the poster that much more interesting rather than a traditional horizontal flag. By spreading out the words in different corners of the image makes it easy for the viewer to distinguish the different titles. Since the festival is in Guelph I thought it would appropriate to use a Canadian flag, even if other countries people are looking at the poster they will most likely live in Canada and recognize the symbol. I chose to include the linking arms to show "living together". I wanted a black, brown, white, male and female hand portrayed to demonstrate the "one world" theme.


1 comment:

  1. Graham, you have the core of a good concept here. I like the simple colour palette and you've shown nice diversity in your selection of classmates' arms. If you had more time perhaps you could have paid more attention to the cropping of the arms. The knuckles are cut off one hand and the arms are just chopped off as well. It would have looked better if the arms ended where the white meets the red.

    That said, you got it done. I'm sorry you've had a bad week. Let's talk about the next task and make a plan for what you want to do about it.

    ReplyDelete