Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gucci Mane - So Far So Gucci (CD Cover)

With the rap persona in my mind I wanted to keep the general tone of the cover dark and black. But I thought having the white and grays on a black background would make them stand out more dramatically. In the top left corner I originally had it blank but the image was evidently not balanced and needed something in the corner. Not wanting to add too much to a simple CD cover I duplicated the bird on his chain, but changed the colour to match the cartoon Gucci skin tone, to avoid having too much white. The stacks of money in the bottom right corner goes with the rap scene of sex, drugs and illegal activity. Overall I was going for a simple dark toned look to emphasis the 'darkness" of the rap music.

1 comment:

  1. Graham, I wish I had this write-up when I did the original marking because it would have helped me understand your work better. That's thew whole point of doing a write-up. I am pleased to hear that you thought through issues such as balance and colour. I still which you had altered the image of the rapper more.
    I hope you're back on track for meeting deadlines now. We're almost done:)

    ReplyDelete