Monday, May 9, 2011

Photographic Triptych

Original Images






My theme is buttons. They all blend togethor by having various buttons for example the keyboard on a blackberry, the buttons on a vending machine and the numbers and letters on a pay phone. I chose to do this theme hoping some of the filters would make the letters and number stand out. The filters I chose were used because I did not want the images to be to easily identifiable, but easy enough to make out without too much effort. The filter on the blackberry keyboard turned out to give the appearance of an underwater atmosphere, the call and end call coloured buttons turned out really unique under this filter. The vending machine filter turned everything to a distored black and white giving the numbers a shaded look to them. This is one of the reasons I chose this theme because you can not immediatly tell what are on the buttons but without too much trouble you can indetify them. Finally, with the pay phone the keyboard and buttons are somewhat detactched from their keys. All colour was turned black or dark except for the light source at the top of the image. These keys are easier to make out but the object itself takes a second look to completly figure out what it is. I was also unaware that the pictures were suppose to line up, I dont like when artwork is organized and "proper".

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with your effort buddy. Hang on to the rubric I already marked and let's re-evaluate this together when I am back. I am afraid you won't see me until Friday. Can you please work on some fantastic animals while I am gone? Focus. Make good use of the time.

    ReplyDelete